Ready, Set, Wed!! Wedding hopefuls do not want to miss out on this informative workshop on the 25th of April 2015 at the Holiday Inn, 10am to 2:30pm Continue reading
It’s another Twirly Tuesday!!! Today is the turn of Evita Joseph Asare, hair and makeup artist extraordinaire. Follow her on twitter for beauty and make up tips and her Facebook page to keep up with her never ending make up tips! You’re bound to find something interesting on there, i kid you not. If you want great looking skin, don’t just read this post…do what it says!
“”Your Face Is Your Billboard, keep it attractive” by Evita Joseph Asare. From my quote, it’s very imperatively to keep your skin looking it best and healthy at all times. Skincare routine is simply the way we talk care of our skin using the appropriate products. It’s really no joke. It takes determination and hard work to achieve a healthy beautiful skin.
I have put together a simplified way to create a daily skincare routine and as we move along, I’ll be recommending some one or two products.
General Beauty Tips
- Taking 8-9 cups of water daily
- Avoid touching the face unnecessarily
Now let’s get going….
First and foremost, you need to determine your skin type. This is an incredibly important step because if you use products which are inappropriate for your skin, your desired results will never be realized. Some little note on the 4 skin type from Wikihow.
- Normal skin shows neither oil nor flaking skin. It should feel supple and smooth. If you have it, consider yourself lucky 🙂
- Oily skin is characterized by the grease on the tissue. It is also common for a person with oily skin to have large pores and a shine.
- Dry skin may feel taut or show flakes of dead skin. It is associated with small pores. Moisturizing is important for this skin type.
- Combination skin is most common. It exhibits traits of all three of the above skin types. Usually, the skin is oily in the T-zone and normal to dry elsewhere.
Now that you have establish your skin type let’s move on with what’s involved.
Products to Consider
- Eye Cream
- Makeup Remover
Now What to Do….
- Use your appropriate cleanser in the morning to cleanse the face. Rinse and follow it up with your toner in a dubbing motion. Allow it 2-3 minutes for it to sink into the skin. Apply eye cream around the eye area in a small amount. Apply your moisturizer with at least SPF 15 for daily protection in the sun. For dry skin, use a rich emollient moisturizer and an oil-free moisturizer for oily skin. You can then wear your makeup if need be.
I prefer masking in the evenings because of time factor in the morning. Masking is great for all skin tones however exfoliating is best for dry skin.
- Start by removing all your eye makeup with makeup remover and the face and lips with a facial wipe. Be gentle with the eyes when cleaning. Cleanse the face twice to remove suborn makeup.
- Apply your mask or exfoliator (2 -3 times in a week). Remember to read all the application instructions that come with the product package.
- Follow it up with your toner, eye cream and then night cream”
So who’s joining me on the read to a healthy, better looking skin??!!! 😀
Thank you guys so much once again for reading. Much appreciated. Kindly send your Twirly Tuesday posts to firstname.lastname@example.org and have a fantastic week ahead!!! xo