Ready, Set, Wed!! Wedding hopefuls do not want to miss out on this informative workshop on the 25th of April 2015 at the Holiday Inn, 10am to 2:30pm Continue reading
3 words to describe this wedding!! Intimate, fun, unique!! Amit & Caroline were so easy to work with and they deserved every single amazing minute of their beautiful beach wedding at Labadi Beach Hotel. More photos from their wedding on our facebook page. Enjoy!! xo Continue reading
Good day Twirly Birdies! Twirly Tuesday’s back! Yipeeee! We have an interesting post today from a pleasant young lady called Angela Sarpong. She’s a freelance journalist and currently works for local and international blogs and websites, writing articles on various topics! How cool is that?! Enjoy this piece from Angela on wedding/bridal shower ideas:
One of the best parts of a wedding surely is the bridal shower, which can turn into an unforgettable moment of friendship and amusement. If you are the one organising it, it’s your chance to show the bride how much you love her and how much she means to you. Indeed, the aim of a wedding shower is to make the bride feel like the star of the night. Now, the question is: how do you make a wedding shower an unforgettable and special one? Don’t panic, here are some ideas for you!
- Rent a fancy holiday home somewhere nice where you can organise an amazing party for the bride to be. Make sure to get in touch with her high school, work, and family members, etc. so the surprise is extra special! It could be on the seaside, so that you can have a beach party, with special dances on the shore, or a fabulous night celebration under the stars, sipping some bubbly stuff and celebrating away. You could light some big candles and torches, so the atmosphere will be even more magical.
- If the bride is more of a city party kind of woman, forget about the holiday home and go straight for a club in the heart of the city. Rent it out, or book the privé lounge just for you and your friends and get ready to party like real VIPs. Ask the deejay to play all the bride’s favourite hits and to make a public dedication to her on your behalf. If you want to make it really huge, get to the club on board a limo. You can rent one and go pick up the bride with it, surprising her and making her feel like a real star since the very beginning of the night.
- Another super-fun thing to do is to give a theme for the night. You can pick whichever one you think the bride will appreciate the most, from Hollywood and Movie Stars, to colours, or flowers. A great one is the Coco Chanel theme. Inspire yourself to the colours, lines and style of one of the most fashionable and charismatic women ever. Fill the room with pink roses, use a black and white colour code and go as much French as possible. A nice thing you could do is to give a flacon of Chanel Nº5 to each guest at the beginning of the night.
Fun!! Do share if you loved today’s post! We’re always accepting posts from anyone willing to write one for our Twirly Tuesdays. Send them in to email@example.com. We’re forever grateful!
Have you read our fun post from last week on Event Planning: Fact or Fiction yet?! Read it here for a chance to win a FREE consultation over lunch! (or Skype). xo
Hello world!! Today, our Twirly Tuesday has a bit of a twist to it. It’s a Twisty Twirly Tuesday!!!!!lol. Okay getting a little carried away there. So Purple Twirl is growing still, to the Glory of God (grateful) and we’re searching for a young, vibrant addition to our little family.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, or know anyone who does, kindly send in your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please find details below:
COMPANY NAME: Purple Twirl
SECTOR: Event Planning and Services
JOB TYPE: Part-time position
DESCRIPTION: Purple Twirl is an event planning organisations which has a mission to provide the highest level of excellence in wedding and event planning services in Ghana. We exist to attract and maintain customers and aim to exceed the expectations of our clients. We strive to be the best choice of clients by helping ease their event planning burden. Through consistency and professionalism, we will ensure a worry and hassle-free event at a reasonable price.
JOB TITLE: Event Coordinator
Our Customers are excited with what we have done and are asking for more! We want YOU to come aboard and help us give them the thrill of a lifetime. This is an exciting job opening in event planning and the opportunity to join our brilliant and expanding team.
- assisting the Personal Assistant to the Creative Director and acting in the position when required
- researching markets to identify opportunities for events and regular distribution of company business cards
- arranging meetings with clients and keeping records of meetings
- producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
- securing and booking a suitable venue or location for meetings and events
- coordinating event details, clients, and provide general support throughout planning of event.
- making phone calls for events
- managing vendor referrals identifying and securing speakers or special guests;
- handling client queries during and outside events
- maintain relationships with vendors and clients by providing excellent customer service
- overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently;
- post-event evaluation (including data entry, analysis and follow-up form for client satisfaction
- representing the company with a professional image during for social or media events
- management of social media and advertisement
- Prior experience is not required but will be an added advantage.
- Minimum qualification is a first degree or HND
- Likes to have fun and interacting with people
- Demonstrate a passion for event planning and creativity
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Effective written and oral communication skill
- Efficient organization and time management abilities
- Enthusiastic and innovative
- exceptionally organised
- Ability to multitask
- Must be calm and personable under pressure with strong negotiation skills
- Experience in budget and staff management,
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills with all levels of management
- Ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work with little or no supervision
- Detail oriented
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation, and be available to work from home as well as on location.
How to apply:
Submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Deadline for application is 6th September 2013 @ 12:00 noon.
Note that only qualified applicants will be invited for an interview.